Positive mental health is the foundation on which each of us can live healthier lives. With good mental health we are more likely to be motivated and engaged in our learning, realise and achieve our potential, choose healthier lifestyles, engage in all the world has to offer, shout out when abuse is occurring, seek help when times are tough and recover a sense of wellbeing and achievement following traumatic experiences.
Providing pupils with as many opportunities as we can to talk about their feelings through:
- Wellbeing areas in each classroom;
- Mindfulness clubs;
- Yoga and relaxation activities;
- Character education and the star board;
- Mental health and wellbeing incorporated into PSHE and RSE curriculum;
- Mental health awareness weeks;
- Mental health and wellbeing leads;
- Pupil voice questionnaires;
- Mental health training offered to all staff and a mental health and wellbeing policy for everyone.
Resources and websites
If you want to read our most up-to-date newlestter – click here.