Our Vision and Values
Inspiring Achievement – Encouraging Compassion
A culture of learning, success, high expectations, aspiration, challenge and inclusion pervade all aspects of life at Thomas Bewick Primary School. This is reflected through the curriculum, the leadership and daily practices of pupils and staff, aspiring to be compassionate global citizens with a sense of community and social responsibility.
At Thomas Bewick Primary School, we strive to:
- Provide a distinctively Christian inclusive and diverse learning environment which honours God. Every learner, adult and child here is enabled, nurtured and challenged to be the best they can be.
- Encourage staff and pupils to aspire to fullness of life [John 10:10] that they may achieve their full potential.
- Promote the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, personal and physical development of individuals within a Christian framework.
- Sustain a community in which everyone is respected and valued.
NCEA Trust Core Values
Our ‘LIGHT’ Values are designed to help everyone to ‘let their light shine’ [Matthew 5:16] in line with our Trust vision.
Embedding our values in our school
Thomas Bewick Primary aims to embed our values by providing a safe place where all can succeed through:
- An aspirational culture in which every member of the community desires to be the very best they can be.
- Ambition for every child to maximise their potential regardless of background. All learners seen and treated as individuals, with their individual learning needs met daily to ensure all succeed.
- A curriculum, with literacy and numeracy at it heart, that stretches, challenges, is relevant and provides opportunities to excel, develop skills for the world of work, and which is meaningful and purposeful.
- Every member of our community: parents, children and young people, staff and governors, setting the highest of expectations.
- Teaching that excels in all areas, leading to the very best academic and vocational outcomes for every child and young person.
- Behaviour that enables learning at the highest level to occur and which shows mutual respect for all, self‐discipline and builds confidence in all.
- A culture of a healthy mind in a healthy body. All will be encouraged to participate in physical exercise and to develop a healthy lifestyle, develop team skills, and learn all aspects of healthy competition.
- A tradition that is respected and enables innovation, creativity and boldness.
Christian ethos is fundamental to all aspects of life at Thomas Bewick Primary – where all are valued equally and included. All respected, nurtured, encouraged and enabled to achieve fullness of life.
Thomas Bewick Primary School is rigorously reflective and self‐critical, reviewing its practices and seeking continually to improve what it does. All staff are encouraged to be life‐long learners in an engaging professional learning environment which is at the forefront of innovation and a centre of learning excellence.
Home School Agreement